Chase County – Marriage License

Marriage License Information

Application Submission

Application for a marriage license must be completed electronically by going to the website of the Kansas Judicial Branch.

You will no longer be able to obtain a marriage license by going into a District Court Clerk’s office. Everything must be done electronically through the website above.

You must have an e-mail address, specific details for each person, and a way to pay for the marriage license online (such as a credit card, debit card, or electronic check).

Waiting Period

There is a three day waiting period after application is made:

  • Application made on Monday: the license will be issued the following Thursday
  • Application made on Tuesday: the license will be issued the following Friday
  • Application made on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday: the license will be issued the following Monday


A marriage license is $85.50. You will also be charged a $2.14 fee as you pay by credit or debit card.


A marriage license is valid for six (6) months from the date it is issued. You may choose any of the 105 counties in the State of Kansas to process your electronic marriage license. You may also get married anywhere within the State of Kansas with the license after it has been issued.

After the Ceremony

After your ceremony, the completed marriage license must be returned to the issuing court within ten (10) days.

Certified Copies 

You must wait at least two weeks after your ceremony before you request a certified copy of the marriage certificate. You must obtain a certified copy through the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, Office of Vital Statistics.

More Information

Frequently asked questions about the marriage license application can be found on the KS Courts website.

Personal assistance is available from 8 am to 5 pm (Central Standard Time), Monday through Friday.

For technical support while filling out the application, contact: Help Center
800-452-6727 (toll free)

For answers to general, nonlegal questions about the online marriage license application, contact:
Office of Judicial Administration