New! The process for obtaining a MARRIAGE LICENSE in Kansas has changed.
HOW DO I GET A CERTIFIED COPY OF MY MARRIAGE LICENSE
-Once the original license is returned to our office, you can request certified copies from the Kansas Department of Vital Statistics in the following ways:
1. Walk-in: Go to Curtis State Office Bldg., 1000 SW Jackson, Ste 120, Topeka, KS – hours open are 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays. Payment can be made by cash, check, money-order, or credit card.
2. Internet: Access www.vitalchek.com anytime. Payment made by credit card. See webpage for fees charged.
3. Telephone: Call 1-877-305-6315 available 24 hours, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Payment made by credit card. Spanish interpreters available.
4. Regular/Priority Mail: Send request by regular mail or priority mail service. Payment made by check or money order. You can obtain the application on-line at:
Any questions please call: 785-296-1400
5. Download the App through your device app store. Search for “IKAN” (select IKan-State of Kansas). Payment made by credit card.